Alicia's Italian Nachos
"Tired of cheese dip nachos? Try this unique version of Italian Nachos. Quick, easy, and yummy!"
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (3.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Use scissors or kitchen shears to cut the pita breads in half, then into triangles. Peel apart the bread halves to make as many triangles as possible. Spread the triangles out on a large baking sheet, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Toast triangles for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned and crispy. While toasting, combine the marinara sauce and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until hot.
- Transfer pita chips to a serving platter, sprinkle with olives, and pour sauce over them. Quickly cover with shredded mozzarella cheese, and whole basil leaves. Serve immediately.