Search this Topic:
Member Since: 04/11/2010
Jul 27 12 9:36 AM
Vanilla beans can be expensive, but their superior flavor is worth the investment. Substitute vanilla paste or one teaspoon real vanilla extract if necessary. Stir extract in with the butter.
Place milk in a medium, heavy saucepan. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; add seeds and bean to milk. Bring to a boil.
Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a large bowl, stirring well. Combine half-and-half and egg yolks, stirring well. Stir egg yolk mixture into sugar mixture. Gradually add half of hot milk to sugar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return hot milk mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat. Add butter, stirring until melted. Remove vanilla bean; discard.
Spoon pudding into a bowl. Place bowl in a large ice-filled bowl for 15 minutes or until pudding cools, stirring occasionally. Cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap; chill.
Peanut Butter Pudding Variation: Omit vanilla bean, salt, and butter; stir in 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter after custard is cooked. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup).
CALORIES 257 (30% from fat); FAT 8.6g (sat 3.3g, mono 3.6g, poly 1.6g); PROTEIN 6.9g; CARB 39.2g; FIBER 0.7g; CHOL 80mg; IRON 0.5mg; SODIUM 170mg; CALC 142mg
Coconut Pudding Variation: Omit vanilla bean. Omit 3/4 cup milk, and replace it with 3/4 cup light unsweetened coconut milk. Omit butter; stir in 1/2 cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut after pudding is cooked. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup).
CALORIES 224 (30% from fat); FAT 7.5g (sat 5.3g, mono 1.5g, poly 0.4g); PROTEIN 4.1g; CARB 36.8g; FIBER 0.3g; CHOL 77mg; IRON 0.5mg; SODIUM 115mg; CALC 105mg
Powered by MyRecipes.com
Ye be knowing Walt’s Basement be going on a Grand Gathering Cruise?We will be Walt's Pirates IN the Caribbean!!http://waltsbasement.yuku.com/topic/20077/Walt-s-Basement--planning--Grand-Gathering---like--opinion
Check out my blog Pixie Pranks
Check out my e-book more books coming in 2014!http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/94784
Jul 27 12 10:38 PM
Instant potato flakes give the filling body. You can prepare this a day ahead; cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Crumble leftover egg yolks over a spinach salad.
Cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks. Place 4 yolks in a medium bowl; reserve remaining yolks for another use. Add potato flakes and next 6 ingredients (through red pepper) to yolks; stir well. Stir in shrimp and parsley. Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoon shrimp mixture into each egg white half. Sprinkle with bacon.
Member Since: 07/31/2007
Jul 29 12 12:03 AM
Jul 30 12 4:26 PM
Notes: You can also use Canary or Crimson lentils. Serve this thick stew with hot cooked basmati rice.
1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, frequently stir oil, cumin, and cardamom just until spices are fragrant, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add broth, lentils, onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, ginger, chilies, garlic, and turmeric. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring often, until lentils fall apart, about 15 minutes.
2. Ladle dal into bowls, sprinkle with more cilantro, and add salt to taste.
Jul 31 12 9:43 AM
This make-ahead dessert is quite a crowd-pleaser, even for people who aren't counting carbs. Look for the rectangular no-sugar-added or low-carb ice cream sandwiches instead of the round ones because the rectangles will fit better in the baking dish.
1. Combine coffee and chocolate bar in a microwave-safe dish; microwave at LOW 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring once. (Even if the chocolate does not appear to be completely melted, remove the mixture from the microwave oven and stir until the chocolate melts. The chocolate might burn if it is heated much longer than 1 minute.)
2. Spoon whipped topping into a bowl, and fold chocolate mixture into whipped topping. Stir in half of chopped wafer bars.
3. Arrange ice cream sandwiches in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over ice cream sandwiches. Sprinkle with remaining chopped wafer bars. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares.
carbo rating: 26
Aug 1 12 11:20 AM
Prep: 20 min., Fry: 4 min. per batch. This superb sandwich is inspired by the Black Grouper Sandwich served at Dockside Dave's in St. Pete Beach, Florida.
1. Cut fish into 3-inch strips. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tsp. Greek seasoning, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
2. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, remaining 1 tsp. Greek seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper; stir well. Add 2 cups cold beer and egg, stirring until thoroughly blended and smooth.
3. Pour oil to a depth of 2 to 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
4. Dip fish strips into batter, coating both sides well; shake off excess. Fry fish, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden (do not crowd pan). Drain on paper towels.
5. Spread top half of each bun evenly with tartar sauce. Place 1 lettuce leaf and 1 tomato slice on bottom half of each bun; top each with 2 fried fish strips and top halves of buns.
Aug 1 12 11:24 AM
These thick Japanese noodles tossed with tender-crisp vegetables are sure to become a favorite. If you can’t find udon, spaghetti works well in this dish. From Prevention Healthy Cooking. 6 servings
Besides dairy foods, calcium comes from dark green veggies like broccoli. Bones need calcium to build and maintain their strength and integrity.
Mad About Macaroni (2001) p. 43
Member Since: 10/01/2009
Aug 3 12 6:27 PM
Aug 3 12 6:34 PM
Nutrition Info (without toppings)
Servings: 18* Calories: 143* Fat: 4g* Cholesterol: 25mg* Sodium: 32mg* Fiber: 4g* Sugars: 4g* Carbs: 23g* Protein: 6g*
Sep 15 12 11:26 AM
Feb 24 13 11:23 AM
Member Since: 09/13/2011
Feb 24 13 1:42 PM
Feb 28 13 4:27 PM
© 2017 Yuku. All rights reserved.