Green Beans with Toasted Walnuts and Breadcrumbs
Toast fresh breadcrumbs in flavorful olive oil and combine them with chopped toasted walnuts to add texture to this heart-healthy side dish.
|Servings:8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)||Prep Time:n/a||Cook Time:n/a|
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 (1-ounce) slices French bread baguette
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- carbohydrate:23.6 g
- calcium:106 mg
- fat:6.1 g
- mono fat:3 g
- cholesterol:2.6 mg
- protein:6.3 g
- fiber:5 g
- calories from fat:35 %
- saturated fat:1.3 g
- iron:1.7 mg
- poly fat:1.6 g
- sodium:277 mg
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Place shallots and beans in a small roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss. Sprinkle mixture evenly with salt and sugar; toss to combine. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
3. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/2 cups. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs to pan; cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in the cheese and remaining ingredients. Add breadcrumb mixture to beans; toss to combine.
Powered by MyRecipes.com