Jamaican Spice Rub and Montreal Steak Rub
These two flavorful rubs let you give others the gift of a quick, delicious dinner. Package the rubs in small stainless steel tins, accompanied by instruction cards.
What you'll need
- FOR THE JAMAICAN SPICE RUB
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg, 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE MONTREAL STEAK RUB
- 2 tablespoons paprika, 2 tablespoons granulated or dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons granulated or dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
How to make it
Jamaican Spice Rub: Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, then place the rub in an airtight container. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Wording for the card: Brush 3/4 to 1 pound of shrimp or poultry with oil, then coat with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning. For maximum flavor, let the rubbed chicken or shrimp rest several hours before cooking.
Montreal Steak Rub: Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, then place the rub in an airtight container. Makes about 2/3 cup.
Wording for the card: Brush 3/4 to 1 pound of steak or 1/3 pound hamburger patties with oil. Coat the steak with 1 tablespoon of rub, the patties with 1 teaspoon each, or mix 1 tablespoon of the seasoning into 3/4 to 1 pound of ground beef before forming the burgers. For maximum flavor, let the meat rest several hours before cooking.