Cake: Cooking spray 1 1/2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar $ Click to see savings 3/4 cup butter, softened $ Click to see savings 4 large eggs 13 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 cups) 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 tablespoon poppy seeds 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon lemon extract Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar 1 tablespoon nonfat buttermilk 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare cake, coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with breadcrumbs.
- 3. Combine granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt); stir with a whisk. Add blueberries to flour mixture; toss to coat. Combine 3/4 cup buttermilk, 1/3 cup juice, and extracts. Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool on rack.
- 5. To prepare glaze, place powdered sugar in a small bowl; add 1 tablespoon buttermilk and 1 tablespoon juice, stirring with a whisk until combined. Pour glaze over warm cake; cool completely.