Just because it's "antipasto" doesn't mean it can't have pasta. This quick and easy take on the classic Italian opening course includes rotini pasta atop the traditional ingredients: salami, red peppers, mozzarella, artichokes and black olives.
What you'll need
- 1 pound rotini pasta cooked according to package directions until al dente
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2-inch cubes or 8 ounces small bocconcini
- 8 ounces hard salami cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers diced
- 1 jar marinated artichoke heart quarters - cut up and marinade reserved
- 1 cup black olives, halved
- 2 Tablespoons each fresh basil and Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
Yields 6-8 servings
How to make it
Place all ingredients except pasta, artichoke heart marinade and herbs into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Put hot pasta on top of all ingredients and add marinade and herbs. Toss well to blend.